Les merShow less
Ultimate in Control & Performance
The new and innovative Reef Octopus ELITE 150-INT in-sump protein skimmer supplies powerful filtration for aquariums up to 210 gallons. The Reef Octopus ELITE 150-INT is constructed of high-quality cast acrylic and PVC that disassembles completely for cleaning. Its unique wine glass body naturally stabilizes and concentrates the organic rich foam as it rises.
The Elite 150int is equipped with a variable speed Reef Octopus VarioS-2S pinwheel pump with the integrated memory controller. This skimmer features a unique “twist and lifts" collection cup to make removal and cleaning a simple task, an easy to use vented wedge valve provides precise control and an underwater outflow for quiet operation.
The bioload of an aquarium refers to its ability to process waste in proportion to tank volume. Protein skimmers work best when properly matched with the bioload of the system.
Recommended Tank Size:
- Light Stocked - 800L
- Medium Stocked - 600L
- Heavily Stocked - 380L
- Recommended Sump Water level: 17-21cm
Elite 150INT Features
- Safe and Efficient 24V Power
- Turbulence Reducing Super Cone Body
- Solid Cast Acrylic & Machined PVC Construction
- Vented Output Valve with Adjustment Dial
- “Twist & Lift" Collection Cup
- Disassembles for Easy Cleaning & Maintenance
- Efficient, Quiet and Controllable VarioS-2S pump
- 5 Controllable Energy Saving Power Settings
- Detachable Controller with Waterproof Union
In addition to allowing the pump to run at 5 different speeds, the new VarioS Controller takes the pump to a new level featuring:
- A float switch connection, which allows you to connect a float switch (included in the box) to the controller. This is an added security feature that allows you to shut off the skimmer pump when your waste collector is full or shut off your water pump when your sump water has reached a high or low level. In all, you don’t need another module or controller to add a float switch to your system.
- Two different pause/feed modes will shut off the pump for either 15 or 60-minute intervals. These come handy when you are feeding the tank or conducting regular maintenance such as a water change.
- And the best feature of the VarioS controller is… a 0-10v input which will allow a 3rd party controller such as Neptune System’s APEX or Reef Angel to take over the pump and tell it what to do. In this mode, the new VarioS controller becomes an interface between the system controller and the pump allowing you to create intricate programs using your system controller native language. This is unprecedented controllability on a skimmer or water pump. In essence, you can use your system controller as your DC pump controller!
The VarioSpumpfeatures a true slow startup where the pump slowly ramps up from zero RPM to the full preset speed over a period of approximately 10 seconds.
The pump and controller are connected via a waterproof 3-conductor union. The detachable controller will allow for a simple waterproof union. The volute can rotate to change the pump´s output orientation in 90-degree intervals, meaning users can output water vertically (up or down) as well as horizontally.
- Super Cone Body:150 to 90mm
- Footprint: 265 x 195mm
- Neck Size: 80mm
- Total Height: 535mm
- Output Size: ø40mm(1-1/4″)